Monday, September 7, 2015

New Addition(s) 1: Blue Danish-Style Chairs

The first Fridays of each month in Kansas City have become a great opportunity for vintage loving shoppers to snag goodies, especially in the area known as the West Bottoms where many old warehouse spaces have been turned into flea market-style shops.

One of these shops, Bella Patina, has a great Instagram feed that I just happened across last Thursday evening.  They had posted the picture below in preparation for their First Friday opening at 8:30 a.m. the next day:


As soon as I laid eyes on that gorgeous pair of danish-style chairs, I had a feeling CT and I needed them in our lives, so I perused the feed further until I found this picture, posted a week prior:


Needless to say, my mind was made up.  Our home just wouldn't be complete without these blue beauties.  I'd never seen one other chair with quite the same design (much less a pair of them), and the blue upholstery not only looked to be in good condition, but also a close match to the blue we have used as an accent color throughout our renovation.

The thing about these First Friday openings in the West Bottoms is that they are much anticipated.  With this month coinciding with the Labor Day holiday, the shop would undoubtedly be shoulder to shoulder with patrons by lunch time, so waiting until I got off work to check out the chairs wasn't an option.  They would be long gone by then.  Luckily, CT doesn't teach classes on Fridays and since he was going to be in the area that morning, he promised he would stop by to take a look.

At around 11 a.m. on Friday, I checked in with CT to see if he had made it to Bella Patina.  "They were sold" was his quick response.  I was so disappointed, but not terribly surprised.  Well designed Mid-Century furniture gets snatched up quickly, and I knew these chairs, specifically, would be coveted by many in the area.

When I got home from work, CT and I went about taking care of outdoor chores and chatting about our respective days.  Suddenly he said, "Hey, I have something to show you in the garage..."


Guess I should have asked him to specify after his earlier text WHO the chairs had been sold to.  Love my guy!  And can't wait to find the perfect spot to showcase our new/old additions. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these chairs, and the story! They and he are keepers!

    ReplyDelete